Unlike other requirements management solutions, Rally provides requirements management integrated within an Agile application lifecycle management (ALM) solution.
Rally lets you build prioritized requirements backlogs that keep teams focused on the highest value features.
Some vendors say that project success depends on “starting with an accurate and comprehensive understanding of requirements so teams deliver against a well-defined plan.” In contrast, Rally balances your need for agility and discipline by letting you evolve customer requirements just-in-time throughout the software development lifecycle. Only Rally seamlessly integrates Agile project management with robust requirements management so teams achieve real software success as measured by timely delivery of their customer’s highest-value features.
Plan and Track Requirement Implementation Throughout the Lifecycle
Product owners can define and manage projects by their high-level features and commitments to communicate product roadmaps and release plans that power the business. With Rally's requirement management tools, you can:
- Centrally manage and prioritize requirement backlogs.
- Decompose and schedule requirements into releases and iterations.
- Trace and manage requirement associations to improve understanding and assess impact of changes.
- Generate tests cases directly from requirements and link test results to show feature completeness.
Robust and Flexible Requirement Elaboration
Requirements and their test cases drive iterative development. Rally helps you organize and elaborate requirements so you can create and sustain momentum. Everyone stays on top of shifting project scope without having to maintain lengthy documents or navigate multi-page spreadsheets. With Rally's requirement management tools, you can:
- Scale from ultra light, single-team story patterns to coordinating requirements in large, multi-team programs.
- Decompose high-level features into functional and non-functional requirements "just-in-time."
- Easily write, estimate, code and test requirements using Rally's rich media composers.
- Use powerful search and reporting capabilities for project summaries and reviews.