Rally Software Launches Rally For Impact as Next Step in Company’s Social Mission
BOULDER, Colo., October 3, 2012 - Rally today announces Rally For Impact™, the next increment of Rally’s social mission that aims to mobilize engineers to solve the world’s most pressing problems. Rally For Impact’s goal is to accelerate the growth and adoption of citizen engineering activities in communities around the world by leveraging Rally's expertise, products, services, partners, customers and foundation grants.
“Every engineer has the potential to be a Citizen Engineer - someone who uses their technical skills and passion to help solve the world's environmental, economic and social challenges,” said Dave Douglas, co-author of Citizen Engineer. “I'm thrilled to see Rally's leadership in motivating and educating the next wave of Citizen Engineers.”
Rally For Impact is acting upon its mission to mobilize Citizen Engineers to solve the world’s toughest problems by:
Donating Rally Products, Services and Agile Expertise:
- Non-profits, citizen engineers with less than $1 million in revenue, students, B-Corp Members, Unreasonable Fellows, and open-source projects qualify for free licenses of the newly launched version of AgileZen, Rally’s Kanban-based project collaboration tool.
- The new version of AgileZen supports open-source, public Kanban boards that are available to share with anyone and everyone. Collaborators and enthusiasts can learn more about a specific project, a climate-change tracking software for example, without logging-in or becoming a member of the project.
- Donated and discounted seats of Rally’s Agile Platform help students, non-commercial educational institutions, charitable organizations and certified B Corporations collaborate across roles and departments so they can focus on their core missions.
Funding and Volunteering - Rally and Partners for Impact:
- Inspired by the Salesforce.com Foundation integrated 1/1/1 philanthropy model, Rally For Impact leverages Rally’s people, technology and resources through its skill-based employee volunteer program, and discounted/donated products, and aspires to support partners and employee-inspired volunteer projects that align with Rally For Impact’s mission.
- Rally values building a culture of giving by encouraging employees to spend a portion of their paid time volunteering. Since the beginning of 2010, Rally employees donated more than 6,400 volunteer hours to over 190 organizations including Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute, Community Food Share, Growing Gardens, and the Humane Society of Boulder Valley.
- Rally continues to benefit from its social impact partnerships, including B Lab, Cognitive Edge, HUB Boulder, Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute, and The Unreasonable Institute, by learning how to build a sustainable social enterprise that aligns the strategic vector of its business with its social mission.
Connecting Citizen Engineers & Sharing Stories of Impact
- Rally For Impact aims to unite a dynamic community of global Citizen Engineers to harness the power of innovative thinking and technology. If you are a Citizen Engineer, act now by:
“Considering the pace and scale of environmental change, I believe it has never been more important for Citizen Engineers to collaborate on moving the world to a more sustainable path,” said Ryan Martens, Rally’s Founder and CTO. “Rally products and solutions that coordinate large-scale engineering projects around the world can easily be applied to Citizen Engineering projects that have a positive impact on our planet. My vision and my goal is to mobilize these engineers to focus and scale solutions to solve the world’s most intractable problems.”
Visit rallyforimpact.org to learn more about our social mission, read stories of Citizen Engineers around the world, and take a powerful survey that will help us study and classify Citizen Engineers’ challenges and needs. Help us build a community of Citizen Engineers by sharing your ideas and participating in the global conversation by following @RallyForImpact.
Rally Software is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for managing Agile software development. The Rally Agile application lifecycle management (ALM) platform transforms the way organizations manage the software development lifecycle by closely aligning software development and strategic business objectives, facilitating collaboration, increasing transparency and automating manual processes. Companies use Rally to accelerate the pace of innovation, improve productivity and more effectively adapt to rapidly-changing customer needs and competitive dynamics. Rally supports 144,000 paid users and more than 1,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100 companies.