“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” ~ William Foster
By way of brief introduction, I’m Jim Holland, a new director of Product Marketing. My mission is to champion new and existing product and partner initiatives in the areas of Agile quality management and testing.
My immediate focus will be to explore ways to improve Rally Quality Manager (RQM), which is available in Rally Unlimited Edition. For those of you not familiar with RQM, it provides a whole-team approach to quality so you can confidently define, manage and deliver fully tested and working code in every iteration.
It’s my intent to bring intelligent direction and skillful execution to enhancing Rally’s quality management capabilities. I will rely heavily on customer input to help guide and validate our direction and I am excited about engaging with you to discover how we can help you elevate Agile quality management within your organization.
Rally Quality Management Videos
I’m happy to introduce several new and updated instructional videos that cover Rally’s quality management capabilities. These videos include:
- A Tester’s Role in Planning
- How to Create and Manage Defects
- How to Create and Manage Acceptance Tests
- How to Create and Manage Regression Tests with RQM
- Scheduling Regression Tests with RQM
- How to Create Test Plans with RQM
- How to Track Test Progress
- Dashboard Panels for Testers
Agile Quality Management Presentations
Additionally, to support these videos, new Rally users may benefit from the following presentations on Testing and Quality with Agile:
- How Teams Succeed with Agile Quality and Testing
- How to Fit Testing in the Iteration
- Build and Test Automation
- The Best Kept Secret of Agile Software Quality
I encourage you to forward these links to your teams and to those actively involved in quality management.
I’m planning to share Quality Management and Testing insights as well as Rally customer successes with you via posts on this blog. Please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.