We’ve been working on our #1 most promoted Idea in Rally Ideas, “Allow multiple Rally screens to be open in different browser tabs simultaneously”. Over the last few months, we’ve been releasing increments of this feature weekly, and we’re excited to say that the final increment of this feature was released Saturday, February 11th. I won’t bore you with all the technical details, but this required a complete overhaul of our front end architecture, and we’re very excited to share the results with you.
The big news is that this new architecture also allowed us to roll out the new menus and dashboard sharing you’ve already seen, and importantly, sets the stage for all sorts of additional cool features we’ll be releasing throughout 2012. For now, let’s talk about what’s in Rally, today:
- You can copy the link from the browser’s address bar to share your view over email or embed in a web page.
- You can run Rally in multiple browser tabs at once, including different projects on different tabs.
- You’ll notice new page titles that provide context when viewing a browser’s tab, bookmark or history.
- Links change as you navigate and include the project scope. You can have tabs open for project A and project B at the same time. For example, you can send a link to project A’s backlog to Karyn and a link to project B’s backlog to Mark.
- Links also contain information from the specific sections of a detail page. You can send a link that will bring Tamara to a view of all the Children associated with a Parent User Story.
- Links contain information about shared custom views. For example, you can send a link to Craig that will bring him to the shared custom view of your choice.
- Links work on pages filtered by Iteration, Release or Program. This effects the following pages specifically: Iteration Status, Release Status, Team Status, Program Status and Work Product Status.
We hope you enjoy this new capability, and are excited to knock off the #1 Idea in Rally Ideas!
But wait, there’s more!
Hot on the heels of releasing the ability to Share Custom Dashboards, we have added the ability for a Dashboard to scoped to a specified time box. This powerful feature lets you set up a Dashboard with time box-scoped panels, allowing you to scroll through Releases and Iterations and see a snapshot of information specific to that release or iteration.
Note that not all panels are time box-enabled. If you have a favorite panel you don’t see in the list, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This was a lot of work, and our team is thrilled to share it with you.