Rally Insights Analytics
Get Actionable Analytics with Rally® Insights™ Capabilities, Part of Your Rally Unlimited Edition Subscription
Now you can empower teams with actionable performance metrics on their productivity, quality, responsiveness, and predictability. Get visibility into individual team progress, and progress on improvement initiatives that span your entire organization. Benchmark your performance against industry standards using data from tens of thousands of Agile teams.
Software Development Performance Metrics for Continuous Improvement
Agile and Lean are built on a foundation of continuous improvement: You need to inspect, learn from, and adapt your performance to keep improving. You want to deliver better software faster and at a lower cost. But anecdotal self-reporting and limited-scope metrics can lead you down the wrong path.
Wouldn’t you like to know:
- How productive and predictable are your teams?
- Which teams are performing well, and why?
- Is your development performance improving over time?
- How do you stack up against other companies in your industry?
- What’s the quality of the products you deliver?
- What training or coaching would help your teams improve?
Data You Won't Get Anywhere Else
Improving your performance begins with having accurate, comprehensive data. Rally Insights capabilities, part of your Rally Unlimited Edition subscription, provide performance metrics and benchmarking data for individual teams, teams of teams, even whole business units, departments, and organizations.
In addition, Rally’s multi-tenant SaaS architecture is uniquely positioned to give you access to anonymized industry benchmarking data from tens of thousands of active Agile teams.
Rally Insights capabilities are based on the Software Development Performance Index, a measurement framework researched and developed in cooperation with the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at Carnegie Mellon University. The SDPI measures performance across the key of dimensions of Quality, Productivity, Predictability, and Responsiveness. The framework’s data and surveys include a formula for calculating performance measurements, and guidance for how to use the metrics based on your context.
Learn more about this research and its aggregated findings in the Impact of Agile Quantified.
Customized for Your Business Context
With Rally Insights analytics, you can configure a scorecard of metrics customized to your own business context and measure performance based on organization or team characteristics and goals.
Analytics Deep Dive
Implementing the right metrics, in the right way, can be tricky. Rally training and consulting services can help you create healthy feedback mechanisms that empower teams.
- Rally Insights Solution: Get all the tools and training you need to align performance to strategy for maximum gains: diagnostic analytics tell you what the data means, and expert coaches teach you to read your data so you know where and how to improve.
- Rally Insights and Analytics Workshop: Get your leadership and teams aligned on how to use metrics as healthy feedback systems with performance measures that match business context and goals.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.