Agile on the Rocks - London
13:30 - 18:00 GMT
On 4 June 2015, join Rally and our partner XebiaLabs with special guest presenters Ahmad Fahmy and Rob Vanstone at Agile on the Rocks London for an engaging discussion on Agile at scale.
It’s not uncommon to hear about organisations struggling with Agile. Many are a year or more in and just aren’t seeing the results they expected. Some are even seriously questioning the investment.
Being able to spot common mistakes in adopting Agile goes a long way in ensuring a successful strategy. In this talk, Ahmad Fahmy will cover thought-provoking topics including:
- The single biggest contributor to failed Agile adoptions
- The three things you need to succeed with an Agile adoption
- The most important thing you need to know when scaling Agile
- How to run a program that successfully combines Agile and traditional methodologies
- The role of the change organization
Rob Vanstone from XebiaLabs will discuss the very reason we choose to adopt Agile methodologies and how we apply those same principles to continuously deliver valuable software to our customers. By focusing efforts and resources appropriately, we can meet the increasing needs of our customers, while avoiding the prevailing pitfalls many organisations encounter with Agile. Rob will also explain how tooling plays a crucial role in helping IT keep the promises it makes to the business.
- 13.30 - 14.00 Registration and coffee
- 14.00 - 14.05 Welcome and introductions — Phil Knight, Rally
- 14.05 - 15.05 Scrum in the City: Ahmad Fahmy (includes 20-minute Q&A)
- 15.05 - 16.50 Welcome to a Brave New World of Delivering IT: Rob Vanstone
- 16.50 - 18.00 Drinks reception and networking
Stick around after the sessions for an opportunity to network with other Agile professionals during our drinks reception.
Learn even more about adopting Agile with Rally. Sign up for a Rally® Agile University class taking place in London in May and June:
- Leading SAFe®: 19–20 May
- Leading SAFe®: 23–24 June